Do you report CPE to the IRS or CTEC?

Wendy Claypool -

We normally submit to the IRS weekly. Your PTIN number must be in your profile. Please confirm the correct spelling of your last name. If you have a multiple hyphenated last name, please confirm which name was provided during your PTIN application.

If you are a CPA and provide your PTIN, we will report it, which gives you the ability to verify your tax CPE on your PTIN account.   

If you are a California registered tax preparer (CRTP) and have provided us with your CTEC registration number we will also report CPE online to CTEC.

If you do not think a course was reported, please email, provide your PTIN number and the courses you want to submit for credit.

Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.
Powered by Zendesk