We have been notified that Rackspace has identified emails which were sent to random users on the Rackspace hosted email environment. These emails state that the email address has been flagged for suspicious activity, violation of terms of service or a server upgrade. Each email recommends the user click on a link to authenticate the account.
Please note that these emails are NOT legitimate emails sent by Rackspace. If you notice emails that contain suspicious links or attachments, please avoid clicking on any links.
A few additional reminders include:
- Never share personal information
- Visit websites directly from browsers and bookmarks - not email
- Double-check attachments before you click or download them
- Watch for misspellings and strange greetings (Hello Madam!)
- Be suspicious of emails that evoke a sense of urgency and ask for your immediate action
- When it comes to wire transfers, be extra vigilant
- When in doubt - DO NOTHING!
If you have any questions or concerns, please email our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sample Email #1
Sample Email - #2
Sample Email - #3
Sample Email #4
Sample Email #5